Monday, August 29, 2011

Band Camp! :)

Okay so this one time at band camp... never mind that I wont go there. :) But really, I did go to band camp and it was awesome! The show we are marching is ridiculously hard, but not impossible. The best part of it all is the fact that you get rock hard calves by the end of camp. I learned some very important lessons at band camp as well, so I thought I would clue you in:
1) Don't put a leaky water bottle filled with gatorade in a backpack filled with everything you need for the day.
2) Make sure the pool you go to for Taco Tuesday is a pool you can throw people into.
3) Don't make the band teacher angry.
4) DO NOT fall off the stage. (especially in front of people)
5) Watch where you are going when you are carrying a bass drum.
So if anybody needs some good tips for their future band camp, I hope this helps you out. I wish I had known this stuff when I started band camp this year. It would have made my life a lot easier. :)
But I guess it's the experience of screwing up thats the most memorable part of band camp, even though I did get to shave a kids head. :) It is important that the bad things happen, because if they didn't, one, I wouldn't really know what to talk about right now, and two, I don't have to screw up later when it matters more. So I guess I should be thankful for the horrible experiences of band camp. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Until next time!
-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment